Rosetta Stone Classroom Initiative
World Languages on Every Desktop!
Rosetta Stone Classroom Learning
The ability to speak multiple languages is increasingly essential to a well-rounded college preparatory education. Recognizing the benefits of expanding language learning opportunities beyond traditional instruction in French, Latin, and Spanish, Saint James School has added Rosetta Stone Classroom (RSC) to our list of learning tools available to students.
Use of this educational product allows Saint James to offer multiple language learning opportunities for students at different levels and provide additional English language reinforcement for international students and their parents.
Each language subscription provides 12 month 24/7 access so learners may strengthen their skills on campus or at home! Through RSC Saint James School is able to offer the following opportunities:
- 3rd Grade: Spanish-Blended program of traditional instruction and RSC through the Leu enrichment program.
- 4th Grade: Spanish-Blended program of traditional instruction and RSC through the Leu enrichment program.
- 5th Grade-One Semester Spanish & One Semester of French-Blended program of traditional instruction and RSC through the Leu enrichment program.
- Students in grades 6-8 are introduced to the language of their choice during exploratory period through a blended program using traditional instruction in some areas, such as culture of the different countries, with RSC used as the primary method of delivery of language instruction.
- 6th Grade students may choose French, Spanish, or Italian.
- 7th Grade students may choose Latin, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese or German.
- 8th Grade students may choose any of the 25 languages offered by Rosetta Stone Classroom:
- Arabic Mandarin Chinese Dutch German English (Int. Students)
- Farsi (Persian)
- Spanish (LA)
- Spanish (Spain)
- The High School International Language Lab is a teacher-facilitated credit elective in which students who meet specified prerequisites may take any of the 25 languages offered by Rosetta Stone. Students are expected to reach identified benchmarks and are graded. This does not replace any of the current graduation requirements for either the regular or honors diplomas.
- Students in grades 9-12 who are not enrolled in the HS International Language Lab elective but would like to study a language independently will have the opportunity to request a Rosetta Stone Classroom subscription for any of the 25 languages that are available as a High School Independent Study. This will not be a graded or credit class--but an opportunity for a student to interact with the language of their choice at their own pace.
- All new international students in grades Pre-K3-12 who are considered English Language Learners (ELL’s) will be provided with an English subscription.
- Parents of international students have the option of receiving an English subscription so that they can develop stronger English skills and better help their students learn a second language.