International Student Application Information
- Saint James School is a college preparatory school with a commitment to providing a challenging and nurturing environment in which students can experience both academic and personal growth and success. Saint James is proud to serve a robust international student population representing an average of 15 different countries annually.
- Saint James admits students of any race, color, creed or national origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, creed, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid and scholarship programs, athletics, or any other school administered program.
- The Saint James School Application Process is self-managed, therefore, it is the parents’ responsibility to monitor the application process. Please read the application carefully and make sure every area is completed.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language will be administered an English proficiency exam at Saint James School. Applicants applying for an F1 Visa will be required to take TOEFL in place of the proficiency exam at Saint James School. A minimum TOEFL score is required for F1 applicants prior to admission. Additional Admissions testing requirements will be determined after proficiency testing is completed and reviewed.
- The admissions committee is composed of the head of school, academic dean and principals. Every effort is made to ensure that students who are accepted will experience academic success. In evaluating students for admission, the admissions committee reviews results of these tests, behavioral observations, teacher evaluations and prior academic records. Students successfully completing the admissions process after the initial round of evaluations will be offered placement as openings occur.
In order to apply, please refer to the appropriate heading to help guide you through the necessary steps. If you have questions about International Admissions to Saint James School, or would like additional information, please contact our Dean of Admissions, Cathy Pearson, at 334-273-3000 or e-mail her at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you to make every aspect of your student’s international transition a positive experience.
Consideration for Admission is based on availability throughout the year.
- Saint James School is a member of the National Association of Foreign Student Advisors and the Alabama Association of International Educators.
NAFSA is the world's largest nonprofit association dedicated to international education and exchange. NAFSA's 10,000 members from more than 3,500 institutions, in over 150 countries are administrators, advisors, instructors, students, advocates, volunteers, and all those committed to the growth of international education.