International Admissions Checklist
International Applicants seeking admission to Saint James School should:
STEP 1: Contact Cathy Pearson, Dean of Admissions, for information at 334-273-3000 or email@example.com. You may also fax her at 334-279-3169.
STEP 2: Return the following forms, fees, and documents to the Admissions Office:
- International Student Application
- $100.00 International Application/Testing Fee
- Applicant's Official Passport and VISA must be presented. Copies will be made by the admissions office.
- Applicants for Grades 1 and 2 should submit records for all grades completed.
- Applicants seeking admission into grades 3-12 must submit an English translation of the applicant’s complete academic record for the previous two years as well records for the current year through the most recent grading period.
- Teacher Evaluations or Letters of Reference from the applicant’s prior school if applicable.
STEP 3: Please discuss admission English proficiency testing requirements and scheduling with the Admissions Office as these may vary from applicant to applicant.
General Testing Requirements:
- Applicants for grades Pre-K3, Pre-K4, and Kindergarten will complete DIAL-R Screening.
- Applicants for grades Pre-K4 and Kindergarten may be required to complete WPPSI III testing.
- On-campus W-APT English proficiency screening is used to assess language needs and better serve international students for whom English is not their primary language (English Language Learners.)
- Applicants applying for an F1 Visa will be required to take TOEFL in place of the W-APT. A minimum TOEFL score is required for F1 applicants prior to admission.
- Admissions testing requirements for applicants will be determined after proficiency testing is completed and reviewed.