Odyssey Scholarship Program
Assisting Students in Reaching Their Potential
Saint James is an independent, nonsectarian, college preparatory school with a student body broadly representative of college-bound students. We are committed to challenging and assisting students in realizing their individual potential and preparing them for lives of responsibility, service, and achievement.
Saint James School has been the area leader in independent school education since its founding in 1955. As stated in our mission, Saint James provides an academically rigorous and well-rounded education to each student as we develop the special talents and potential within each child. This core belief is the foundation of the Saint James School Odyssey Scholarship Program— a program that offers tuition scholarships for a student entering Kindergarten; a student entering 6th grade; and a student entering 9th grade. Currently enrolled Saint James families as well as new families are eligible to apply for these division level scholarships. These scholarships are competitive and limited to one per division.
In an effort to provide children in our local area the finest education possible, Saint James has established these scholarships. Each student who applies will be evaluated on both academic merit and financial need.
The Odyssey Scholarship Awards are outlined below. These scholarships are self-renewing if the student remains in good standing at Saint James School.
- The K5 Odyssey Scholarship recipient will receive $8,000 per year while in elementary school.
- The 6th Grade Odyssey Scholarship recipient will receive $9,000 per year while in middle school.
- The 9th Grade Odyssey Scholarship recipient will receive $10,000 per year while in high school.
Deadline to complete the application and requirements:
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 for Kindergarten(K5)
- Thursday, Februrary 22, 2018 for 6th & 9th
- Please refer below to access the application materials for your division:
Kindergarten Odyssey Scholarship Application and Recommendation Form.
6th Grade Odyssey Scholarship Application, Essay Question, and Recommendation Form.
9th Grade Odyssey Scholarship Application, Essay Question, and Recommendation Form.
- For new families, the Saint James School admission process along with the scholarship application and essay must be completed by the posted deadline.
For current families, the student applying for the scholarship must be enrolled for the upcoming year and must submit the scholarship application and essay by the posted deadline.
- All new families will visit our campus for a tour.
- All applicants, new and current families, will submit the following to the Admissions Office. These documents may be submitted in person, by mail, or electronically to Kate Bartlett firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standardized Test Scores:
- The Scholarship Committee will review the admissions test scores for new applicants.
- Current families applying for the Kindergarten Odyssey Scholarship will provide a copy of their WPPSI score from the current school year.
- Current families applying for the 6th Grade Odyssey Scholarship will provide a copy of their recent CTP4 test scores from 5th grade.
- Current families applying for the 9th Grade Odyssey Scholarship will provide a copy of their recent PSAT test scores from 8th grade.
- For 6th grade and 9th grade applicants, academic report cards from the last two school years, including this current year through first semester, are required. For Kindergarten students, a progress report or equivalent achievement record from your child's preschool are required.
- Letter of Recommendation from a school official are required.
- Standardized Test Scores:
- All applicants must apply for Financial Assistance through School and Student Services (SSS) by going to www.sssbynais.org/parents. Please note that families from a broad range of incomes apply for admission to Saint James School. Completion of this process may facilitate financial assistance outside of the Saint James School Odyssey Scholarship Program. This process is confidential and all documents are handled with strict confidentiality.
- The Saint James School Scholarship Committee will review all of the completed applications. Selected applicants will be invited to our campus for an interview.
- Scholarships will be awarded in early March. Please note that these scholarships are competitive and limited to one per division.
For more questions on financial assistance at Saint James School, please visit www.stjweb.org/admissions/tuition-and-financial-assistance/financial-assistance. Frequently asked questions regarding tuition and other school expenses are outlined in detail for your convenience.