Why Support GCE
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. – Winston Churchill
The following list reflects a few of the reasons why your support is so important:
- Giving is traditional in independent schools and helps bridge the gap between tuition and what it actually costs to educate each child.
- Besides tuition, gifts are the second greatest source of income for Saint James School.
- Contributions to Saint James are tax deductible, whereas tuition is not.
- Contributions supplement each child's tuition by as much as 10% each year, thus serving as a type of scholarship for each student.
- Depending on the success of each year's fundraising efforts, a successful annual fund can save a family between $250 and $750 per child on tuition each year.
- The higher the parental participation, the easier it is to qualify for grants and loans that benefit Saint James School.
- Virtually every major construction project undertaken by Saint James School over the past ten years has been made possible as a result of GCE contributions.
- Every gift, regardless of the amount, is important and appreciated.