College Prep & Events
See below for college tour information, college rep visits to STJ, college events & programs, and so much more! Feel free to contact your assigned guidance counselor for assistance:
Students A-K, June Garzon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students L-Z, Laura Spivey, email@example.com
Spring 2017 College Representatives Visiting Saint James:
Thursday February 2 9:45am University of AL Early College
Tuesday February 7 9:00am University of Alabama
Thursday February 23 9:00am Samford University
Tuesday March 14 9:00am Auburn University
A Few Instructions on Applying to Colleges/Universities:
- The Saint James CEEB Code is 011904.
- If a student needs a letter of recommendation from a teacher or a counselor, the student must provide a resume and any additional documentation to the teacher/counselor at least two weeks prior to the deadline.
- The Fall 2017 Common App is now available. Class of 2017 students should use this STJ Common App Reference sheet for guidance on how to complete the Common App for undergraduate admission. The Common App does not need to be completed in one sitting. A student can begin the Common App application, save it, and return to it at any time. To see a list of the colleges/universities that are a member of the Common App and their requirements and deadlines, click here. To view information about the Common App mobile device app, click here.
- Students must request an official Saint James transcript to be sent directly to the colleges/universities to which they are applying. Click here to see instructions on how students can request an official Saint James transcript be sent through their Family Connection site to the college/universities.
- If a student transferred into Saint James during high school or took a distance learning class, the student must notify his/her STJ counselor to send a copy of the other school transcript to the college/university of the student's choice. The student might also have to contact the previous high school or distance learning company and request that they send an official copy of the transcript directly to the college/university to which the student is applying.
- Students must submit official ACT scores directly to the college/university to which they are applying. The student must go to www.actstudent.org , log into his/her account, and request the scores be sent directly to the college/university.
- Students must submit official SAT scores directly to the college/university to which they are applying. The student must go to www.collegeboard.org , log into his/her account, and request scores be sent directly to the college/university.
To see important information provded by the University of Alabama on July 15, 2016, click here.
To see important information provided by Auburn University on August 25, 2016, click here.
What's the difference between the ACT and the New SAT and the Old SAT? Click here to find out.
ACT Test Dates
ACT has enhanced their score reporting. To see more information, click here.
Register at www.actstudent.org
April 8, 2017 - Registration Deadline March 3, 2017
June 10, 2017 - Registration Deadline May 5, 2017
September 9, 2017 - Registration Deadline July 28, 2017
October 28, 2017 - Registration Deadline September 22, 2017
December 9, 2017 - Registration Deadline November 3, 2017
February 10, 2018 - Registration Deadline January 5, 2018
April 14, 2018 - Registration Deadline March 9, 2018
June 9, 2018 - Registration Deadline May 4, 2018
SAT Test Dates
To learn more about the New SAT Score Reports, view the Forbes article here.
Register at www.sat.collegeboard.org
March 11, 2017 - Registration Deadline February 10, 2017
May 6, 2017 - Registration Deadline April 7, 2017
June 3, 2017 - Registration Deadline May 9, 2017
August 26, 2017
October 7, 2017
November 4, 2017
December 2, 2017
March 10, 2018
May 5, 2018
June 2, 2018
Standardized Test Prep:
To download a practice ACT test, click here.
To download a practice SAT test, click here.
Note: Saint James does not endorse any test prep business or organization and does not recommend one test prep company over another.
- Sycamore Learning Company
Sycamore Learning Company offers ACT & SAT prep seminars at various high schools around the country. Students will learn about all sections of either the ACT or SAT, take shortened practice tests to get used to the types of questions on the test, and be provided with a multitude of tips and strategies to help them on each section of the test. To find a location near you, search by zip code at www.prepforthefuture.com or call (866) 223-9691.
- Kaplan Test Prep
For online practice tests or to find a Kaplan course near you, visit www.kaptest.com or call 1-800- KAP-TEST
- All Pencils Down
All Pencils Down is a standardized test preparation organization based out of Birmingham, AL. All pencils Down offers classroom instruction, an online video course, and one-on-one tutroing. For more information, visit www.allpencilsdown.com , call (205) 989-4356, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Huntington Learning Center
Huntington Learning Center offers individualized ACT test prep tutoring options. Huntington Learning Center is located at 2800 Zelda Road in Montgomery, AL. For more information about the programs offered at Huntington Learning Center, call (334) 277-9200.
- Auburn University at Montgomery
Auburn University at Montgomery is offering ACT prep classes. To see a list of available classes and to register, click here.
- Auburn University
Auburn University is offering an ACT Blitz (Classroom) through their Office of Professional & Continuing Education. For more information, click here.