International Admissions Checklist
International Applicants seeking admission to Saint James School should:
STEP 1: Contact Cathy Pearson, Dean of Admissions, for information at 334-273-3000 or email@example.com. You may also fax her at 334-279-3169.
STEP 2: Return the following forms, fees, and documents to the Admissions Office:
- International Student Application
- $125.00 International Application/Testing Fee
- Applicant's Official Passport and VISA must be presented. Copies will be made by the admissions office.
- Applicants for Grades 1 and 2 should submit records for all grades completed.
- Applicants seeking admission into grades 3-12 must submit an English translation of the applicant’s complete academic record for the previous two years as well records for the current year through the most recent grading period.
- Teacher Evaluations or Letters of Reference from the applicant’s prior school if applicable.
STEP 3: Please discuss admission English proficiency testing requirements and scheduling with the Admissions Office as these may vary from applicant to applicant.
General Testing Requirements:
- Pre-K3, Pre-K4, Kindergarten and 1st Grade Applicants will complete the STJ Assessment.
- 2nd-12th Grade Applicants will take the on-campus W-APT English proficiency screening. This screening is used to assess language needs and better serve international students for whom English is not their primary language (English Language Learners.). TOEFL iBT is also an option for International Students applying for Grades 10-12 and TOEFL Junior Comprehensive is another option for International Students applying for Grades 5-9.
- Applicants applying for an F1 Visa will be required to take TOEFL iBT in place of the W-APT. A minimum TOEFL score of 94 is required for F1 applicants prior to admission.
- Admissions testing requirements for applicants will be determined after English proficiency testing is completed and reviewed.