Our Admissions Team is eager to meet your family! As a member of the Association of Independent School Admission Professionals (AISAP), we are trained to help guide you through a smooth admissions process.
Saint James School is a college preparatory school with a commitment to providing a challenging and nurturing environment in which students can experience both academic and personal growth and success. Saint James is proud to serve a robust international student population representing an average of 15 different countries annually.We look forward to working with you to make every aspect of your student’s international transition a positive experience.
International Applicants seeking admission to Saint James School should:
2. Return the following forms and documents to the Admissions Office. These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or copied in the Admissions office.
- Applicant's Official Passport and VISA must be provided.
- Grades 3-12 must submit an English translation of the applicant’s complete academic record for the previous two years as well records for the current year through the most recent grading period. Applicants for Grades 1 and 2 should submit an English translation of records for all grades completed.
- Teacher Evaluations or Letters of Reference from the applicant’s prior school if applicable (forms available for download here).
3. Look for comunication from Saint James School Admissions, regarding English proficiency testing.
General Testing Requirements for International students:
- Pre-K3, Pre-K4, Kindergarten and 1st Grade Applicants will complete the STJ Assessment.
- 2nd-12th Grade Applicants will take the on-campus W-APT English proficiency screening. This screening is used to assess language needs and better serve international students for whom English is not their primary language (English Language Learners.). TOEFL iBT® is also an option for International Students applying for Grades 10-12 and TOEFL Junior Standard Test® is another option for International Students applying for Grades 5-9.
- Applicants applying for an F1 Visa will be required to take TOEFL iBT® (Grades 10-12) or the TOEFL Junior Standard Test® (Grades 5-9) in place of the W-APT. A minimum TOEFL iBT® score of 94 or a minimum TOEFL Junior Standard Test® score of 800 is required for F1 applicants prior to admission.*Applicants applying for an F1 Visa should contact the Admissions Office for detailed information.*
- Admissions testing requirements for applicants will be determined after English proficiency testing is completed and reviewed.
- TOEFL iBT® Testing Link
For questions regarding the international application process, please contact Elizabeth Hawke, Director of Enrollment Management at email@example.com or 334.273-3000.