Tuition and Financial Assistance
Saint James School, Pre-K3 through 12, offers the highest quality independent school education in Central Alabama. As a Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) leader, Saint James provides students with a complete education at an extraordinary value. The exceptional array of opportunities and programs provided to Saint James students exceeds the school's peers in the state and in the region.
The list below is a general guide for basic costs associated with the 2020-2021 school year. The tuition total includes:
- Daily Lunch for All Grades (excluding half day Pre-K3 & half day Pre-K4) // All School Supplies for Elementary Students // All School Supplies for Middle School Students (does not include calculator, ear buds or iPad stylus) // Consumable Books for Pre-K3 through Eighth Grade // Day Field Trips for All Grades // Fall School Pictures for All Grades // Junior & Senior Class Fees // Most Middle School Textbooks (all textbook requirements are distributed each June) // Parent Association (PA) Dues for Each Family //Student Admission to all Home Sporting Events // Technology Fees for All Grades // Iliad Yearbook for all students.
Tuition for 2020-2021
|Grade||Annual||Quarterly||10 Month||12 Month|
|Pre-K3 Half Day||$6,843.00||$1,710.75||$684.30||$570.25|
|Pre-K3 Full Day||$9,614.00||$2,403.50||$961.40||$801.17|
|Pre-K4 Half Day||$7,897.00||$1,974.25||$789.70||$658.09|
|Pre-K4 Full Day||$10,145.00||$2,536.25||$1,014.50||$845.42|
All classes, Pre-K3 through 12th grade, are Monday through Friday. Students in half day preschool (half day Pre-K3 and half day Pre-K4) must be picked up at noon each day.
A non-refundable registration fee of $400 is due upon submission of a signed enrollment contract or $300 for returning students if paid by February 20, 2021. (The enrollment fee for returning students paid after February 20, 2021 is $400.) Not included in tuition: Overnight Field Trips; Some Course-Specific Materials, Supplies, and Performance Attire; College Board Advanced Placement Class Test Fees; Extracurricular Activity Fees, Materials, and Equipment; Team and Club Fees.
Admissions Application & Testing Fees
- Pre-K3 through Kindergarten Application Fee: $50
- Pre-K4 and Kindergarten Applicant Testing Fee (payable to the psychologist): $150
- 1st-12th grade Application Fee: $75 (includes all Admissions Testing)
Financial Assistance at Saint James School
- Click here for more information on Financial Assistance from Saint James School
- The Alabama Accountability Act of 2013 permitted the formation of non-profit "scholarship granting organizations" (SGO). These SGOs are funded by individual and corporate contributions and provide scholarships to financially eligible lower income Kindergarten - 12th grade students in the state of Alabama. SGO scholarships can provide some or all of the funding for students to attend independent schools. Saint James School is an approved school partnering with the Alabama Opportunity Scholarship Fund (AOSF). Please contact the Saint James Admissions Office for more information about this scholarship opportunity.
- Military Discount: Saint James School deeply appreciates the service and sacrifice of members of our nation's military. As an expression of our gratitude, Saint James School offers a 10% tuition discount to full-time, active duty U.S. military personnel. This discount applies to one student per family. Families may take advantage of one discount: the Saint James School military discount for one student or the multi child discount explained below.
- Multi Child Discount: A family will pay full tuition for their oldest child and receive a 10% tuition discount for their younger children. Families may take advantage of one discount: the Saint James School multi child discount or military discount explained above.
Saint James partners with FACTS Tuition Management to bill and collect tuition and fees. Families choose a payment plan when creating an online FACTS agreement. Only cash payments are accepted at the school.
Annual, quarterly, 10-month, and 12-month payment plans are available through FACTS, with all plans requiring an initial payment in June. FACTS also offers families several tuition payment methods, including monthly automatic bank account deduction, monthly automatic credit card deduction, and payments by mail, phone and on-line. Families receive monthly statements and email reminders prior to their payment due dates.
Tuition Refund Insurance
The Saint James enrollment contract includes an unconditional obligation to pay tuition for the full academic year unless the student is withdrawn, in writing, prior to June 1, 2020. If a student is withdrawn for any reason after this date, tuition for the entire year is immediately due and payable on the date of withdrawal. For this reason, Saint James offers all families an opportunity to participate in the Tuition Refund Plan with Dewar Insurance. This plan is an insurance policy that reduces the financial impact of withdrawal if the student attends Saint James for at least 14 consecutive days in the school year. A brochure for this plan is provided with the enrollment contract.
Parents are increasingly turning to student loans to enable their children to experience the benefits of an outstanding independent school education. Saint James School has partnered with Your Tuition Solution which offers the education loan families have turned to at over 2,400 private K-12 schools nationwide. For more information, call 800-920-9777 or visit YourTuitionSolution.com.
STJ WonderWorks: After School Program for Pre-K3 - 5th Grade
The 2020-2021 schedule below outlines the available options, annual costs, and daily drop-in fees associated with STJ WonderWorks. Payments may be made on an annual or ten-month basis. Daily drop-in fees are due the same day the service is used. In addition to the fees listed in the chart below, a $150 registration fee is required for each child enrolled in STJ WonderWorks. (An Early Registration Fee is discounted to $100 for children registered on or before July 1 and for children of new families to Saint James School.) STJ WonderWorks fees appear on the regular tuition statement. (Option III below, Pre-Paid Drop In Card for 2:45pm-5:30pm after school care, is available for purchase in the STJ WonderWorks Office.)
|Options||Time||Yearly Cost||10 Month||Daily Drop-In Fee|
Pre-Paid Drop In Card
9th Period: After School Program for Middle School & High School
For middle school and high school students, Saint James offers a supervised after school program for students whose parents are not able to pick them up at school dismissal time or those students who are involved in extracurricular activities at Saint James School in which there is a time gap between their academic day dismissal and the start time of their activity and/or after their activity’s dismissal in which the student will be on campus waiting for pick up. Multiple options are available to accommodate activity schedules. (Options I and II below are billed to the student's FACTS acount. Option III may be purchased by a 9th Period staff member.)
|4 or More Days Per Week||3:02 MS /3:20 HS p.m. - 5:30 p.m.||$160.00 per month|
|II||3 Days Per Week or Less||
3:02 MS /3:20 HS p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
|$110.00 per month|
|III||Pre-Paid Drop In Card||10 Drop Ins Between 3:02 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.||$125 per card|
Saint James School offers Camp STJ for rising Pre-K4 through rising sixth grade students during the summer. Attendance on a weekly or drop-in basis is available. Please call Erin Sommer at 334.277.1920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for admission information for Camp STJ. In addition to Camp STJ, Saint James coaches offer week-long sports camps in the summer for football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, volleyball, softball, boys and girls tennis, wrestling, soccer, and cheerleading.
New and/or used textbooks may be purchased through any retailer using the appropriate ISBN. Each grade level is provided a required textbook list with each ISBN indicated or online purchasing instructions for digital textbooks. NOTE: some textbooks are now included in your child’s tuition and are accessed online. This will be denoted on the required textbook list per grade level.
Saint James School admits students of any race, religion, color, gender, creed, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school.
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact the Saint James School Business Office: 334.273.3008 or the Admissions Office: 334.273.3021.