Tuition and Financial Assistance
Saint James School, Pre-K3 through 12, offers the highest quality independent school education in Central Alabama. As a Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) leader, Saint James provides students with a complete education at an extraordinary value. The exceptional array of opportunities and programs provided to Saint James students exceeds the school's peers in the state and in the region.
The list below is a general guide for basic costs associated with the 2018-2019 school year. The tuition total includes:
- Activity Fee & School Supplies* for Pre-K3 through Eighth Grade // Consumable Books for Pre-K3 through Eighth Grade // Day Field Trips for all grades // Fall School Pictures for all grades // Junior & Senior Class Fees // Most Middle School Textbooks // PTO Dues for each family //Student Admission to all Home Sporting Events // Technology Fees for all grades // Iliad Yearbook for all students. *Calculator, earbuds, and iPad stylus for middle school are not included in tuition.
Tuition for 2018-2019
|Grade||Annual||Quarterly||10 Month||12 Month|
|Pre-K3 Half Day||$6,626.00||$1,656.50||$662.60||$552.17|
|Pre-K3 Full Day||$9,332.00||$2,333.00||$933.20||$777.67|
|Pre-K4 Half Day||$7,214.00||$1,803.50||$721.40||$601.17|
|Pre-K4 Full Day||$9,946.00||$2,486.50||$994.60||$828.83|
A non-refundable registration fee of $400 is due upon submission of a signed enrollment contract or $300 for returning students if paid by February 20, 2018. (The enrollment fee for returning students paid after February 20, 2018 is $400.) Not included in tuition: Overnight Field Trips; Some Course-Specific Materials, Supplies, and Performance Attire; College Board Advanced Placement Class Test Fees; Extracurricular Activity Fees, Materials, and Equipment; Team and Club Fees. Saint James School offers a 10% multi-child discount. (Discount applies to siblings of oldest child at Saint James School.)
Admissions Application & Testing Fees
- Pre-K3 through 12 Application Fee (payable to Saint James School): $50
- Pre-K4 and Kindergarten Testing Fee (payable to the psychologist): $150
- Second - Twelfth Grade Testing Fee (payable to ISEE): $120
Financial Assistance and Scholarships at Saint James School
- Click here for more information on Financial Assistance from Saint James School
- Click here for Odyssey Scholarships at Saint James School
- Military Discount: Saint James School deeply appreciates the service and sacrifice of members of our nation's military. As an expression of our gratitude, Saint James School offers a 10% tuition discount to full-time, active duty U.S. military personnel beginning fall 2019. Families may take advantage of the Saint James School military discount or multi child discount.
- Multi Child Discount: A family will pay full tuition for their oldest child and receive a 10% tuition discount for their younger children.
Saint James partners with FACTS Tuition Management to bill and collect tuition and fees. Families choose a payment plan when creating an online FACTS agreement. Only cash payments are accepted at the school.
Annual, quarterly, 10-month, and 12-month payment plans are available through FACTS, with all plans requiring an initial payment in June. FACTS also offers families several tuition payment methods, including monthly automatic bank account deduction, monthly automatic credit card deduction, and payments by mail, phone and on-line. Families receive monthly statements and email reminders prior to their payment due dates.
Tuition Refund Insurance
The Saint James enrollment contract includes an unconditional obligation to pay tuition for the full academic year unless the student is withdrawn, in writing, prior to June 1, 2018. If a student is withdrawn for any reason after this date, tuition for the entire year is immediately due and payable on the date of withdrawal. For this reason, Saint James offers all families an opportunity to participate in the Tuition Refund Plan with Dewar Insurance. This plan is an insurance policy that reduces the financial impact of withdrawal if the student attends Saint James for at least 14 consecutive days in the school year. A brochure for this plan is provided with the enrollment contract.
Parents are increasingly turning to student loans to enable their children to experience the benefits of an outstanding independent school education. Saint James School has partnered with Your Tuition Solution which offers the education loan families have turned to at over 2,400 private K-12 schools nationwide. For more information, call 800-920-9777 or visit YourTuitionSolutions.com.
After School Program
Saint James School offers STJ Wonder Works for elementary students in Pre-K3 through fifth grade after school until 5:30pm. The 2018-2019 schedule below outlines the available sessions, the yearly costs, and daily drop-in fees associated with these sessions. Payments may be made on an annual or “ten-pay” basis. Daily drop-in fees are due the same day the service is used. In addition to the fees listed in the chart below, a $125 registration fee is required for each child enrolled in STJ Wonder Works. (An Early Registration Fee is discounted to $100 for children registered on or before July 1.) STJ WonderWorks fees appear on the regular tuition statement.
|Session||Time||Yearly Cost||10 Month||Daily Drop-In Fee|
Pre-K3 & Pre-K4
|Pre-K3 & Pre-K4
|Pre-K3 - 5th Grade||2:45–5:30 p.m.||$1,900||$190.00||$15|
|Pre-K3 & Pre-K4
Saint James School offers Camp STJ for rising Pre-K4 through rising sixth grade students. Please call Caty Jane Turnipseed 334.277.1920 or email email@example.com for admission information for Camp STJ. In addition to Camp STJ, the Saint James coaches offer week-long sports camps in the summer for football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, volleyball, softball, boys and girls tennis, wrestling, soccer, and cheerleading.
New and/or used textbooks may be purchased through any retailer using the appropriate ISBN. Each grade level is provided a required textbook list with each ISBN indicated or online purchasing instructions for digital textbooks. NOTE: some textbooks are now included in your child’s tuition and are accessed online. This will be denoted on the required textbook list per grade level.
Saint James School admits students of any race, religion, color, gender, creed, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school.
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact the Saint James School Business Office: 334.273.3008 or the Admissions Office: 334.273.3021.