Commitment to Athletics
Saint James Trojans
- For statistics and additional information about STJ Athletics, please go to: www.stjtrojans.com
- To download the Sports Annual photo schedule for August 6, 2019, please click here.
- Saint James High School is a nonsectarian, independent college preparatory school located in Montgomery, Alabama with a deep commitment to athletics. We believe that athletics is an extension of what we teach in the classroom and offers a wonderful laboratory for the further development of character and ethics.
Saint James is a charter member of the Capital City Conference(CCC). The CCC was established in 1993 and is comprised of six independent schools - each of which is located in Montgomery. The other five charter CCC members are Alabama Christian Academy, Montgomery Catholic High, Montgomery Academy, Saint Jude, and Trinity Presbyterian School.
Saint James is also a member of the Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) and competes in classification 3A. There are six classifications in the AHSAA, from 1A - the least populous high schools in the state, to 6A - the most populous. (The student population is not necessarily an accurate representation for independent schools such as Saint James.) Other CCC schools currently participate in classes 2A, 3A, or 4A. Trojan athletic teams compete against quality opponents in all six classifications in over a dozen different sports. Each of these teams' area, regional, or sectional configurations differ depending upon the sport. Since beginning competitive play, Saint James has won 29 state athletic championships, such as:
- 2019 1A-4A STATE GIRLS INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS
- 2017 4A STATE VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONS
- 2015 4A STATE GOLF CHAMPIONS
- 2013 4A STATE WRESTLING CHAMPIONS
- 2008 4A STATE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONS
- 2006 4A STATE BASEBALL CHAMPIONS
- 2006 4A STATE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONS
- 2005 4A STATE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONS
- 2003 4A STATE GIRLS TENNIS CHAMPIONS
- 2003 4A STATE VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONS
- 2002 1A-4A STATE GIRLS INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS
- 2001 4A STATE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONS
- 2001 4A STATE VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONS
- 1996 1A-4A STATE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONS
- 1991 2A STATE BASEBALL CHAMPIONS