Mission & Core Beliefs
Saint James is an independent, nonsectarian, college preparatory school with a student body broadly representative of college-bound students. We are committed to challenging and assisting students in realizing their individual potential and preparing them for lives of responsibility, service, and achievement.
Our Core Beliefs
At Saint James School, we believe...
- Education is the catalyst for success in a child's life.
- Every child can learn.
- Every child should be treated with respect and dignity.
- The school recognizes the individuality of each student and appreciates his or her unique assets, attributes, skills, interests, and needs.
- Students have different learning styles that can be met through different modes of teaching.
- Students should be stretched academically in order to grow intellectually and be prepared for college and leadership roles in the future.
- Our educational program provides students with opportunities to develop maturity, self-confidence, skills and knowledge preparing them to attain their highest level of individual potential.
- Saint James School promotes the intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and cultural development of our students.
- Our instructional program must reflect the changing social, economic, political, and technological environments in which the students live.
- Every discipline has a body of knowledge that must be taught and skills that must be mastered.
- Cultural diversity is an important goal for Saint James School.
- The arts and physical education should be a part of every child's education.
- School should be a safe place and provide a sense of security.
- The facilities should be well maintained and clean.
- Education is a partnership between the home and school. Parents should support the mission of the school and provide a structured environment at home so their children can prosper.
- Parental input regarding our education and extracurricular programs is welcomed.
- Communication between the school, students, and parents is of utmost importance.
- Saint James School was founded on the Judeo-Christian ethic of love and responsibility for others within an ethnically diverse, nonsectarian environment.
- Every child's religious tradition should be respected.
- Children should develop a value system including honesty, caring, loyalty, and service.
- The school should be characterized by a community service ethic and opportunities for community service should be available at all levels.
Saint James School admits students of any race, religion, color, gender, creed, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school.